Packing can make or break your move. That is why we offer these simple to follow moving tips to help you save money and time during your move.
- Packing Paper (Should be used under bubble wrap on glass items)
- Packing Tape
- Shrink Wrap
- Bubble Wrap (For glass and fragile items)
- Padded Blankets (We supply at no cost)
- Boxes (x-small, medium, dishpack, wardrobe. Try to avoid large boxes)
- Foam Sheets (For additional protection when packing glassware)
- Pack In Advance: Always pack your items at least 5 days prior to your move. This will allow you time to focus on the important tasks like planning your move with out the distraction of packing.
- Use The Proper Materials: Try to use the proper materials on the necessary items such as glass items. Layers of protective items will only further prevent damage. Paper, bubble wrap, tape, and then foam is the best approach of layers to protecting fragile items.
- Keep Your Mover Informed: Go over your items with your mover so they are prepared to you help you with any special packing needed on moving day. Removing America prides itself on quality customer service and communication during your moving process.
- Stack Boxes In 1 Place: Try to choose an empty area near the main entrance where you will be able to stack all your boxes with out blocking the entrance. This will allow the movers to bring out your boxes making space for disassembly and furniture handling.
Planning for your move is very important. Part of that planning process must include packing, hiring the right movers, scheduling everything correctly, and there is always storage plans if you plan on storing your items during the transition process.
Planning for Storage: This is something you want to consider early as it will affect other aspects of your moving plans. Your items in storage will affect your moving experience. Whether your items will be held for 1 day or 1 month, you must be sure to pack accordingly so if there are any delays where you will need to extend your storage, you will not be at an inconvenience.
This includes personal items, valuables, toiletries, kids toys, and so on. Anything you feel you will need while your items are in storage. Making a detailed list prior to your packing and then packing according your list may also help.
Hiring the right movers: Choose a mover who listens to your needs and concerns. The right mover will spend time on your estimate going over your items, dates, delivery expectations, storage needs, and of course offering you a the best possible rate for your unique move. Each move is different and having the right mover help you plan it makes it so much easier. We at Removing America spend time in the planning stage on understanding all aspects of your moving details including item list, packing needs, schedules, and so on to ensure your move goes smoothly.
Book In Advance: Be sure to book your move in advance to avoid last minute reservations. With anything, even when going out to dinner, you want to always confirm your reservation somewhat in advance or you may not get a table. Same goes for airlines, concerts, and so on. With moving it is no different. In fact, it is crucial as truck space and labor are limited resources. So to get the dates you want, try to book your moving reservation at least 1 month in advance. Anything within 1 month is considered a last minute reservation. Trucks, labor, materials, and other resources need to be allocated to your move and any moving company regardless of their size, have limited monthly resources.
Packing Correctly: Packing is very important to ensuring your items arrive safely. No matter how careful your movers are, if your glass items are not packing correctly, they will break simply from shock waves traveling through the truck during transport. So be sure to add lots of paper and bubble wrap around each glass item when packing it. If you are unsure how to pack your items, call us at 844-909-7222 to ask or let us do the packing for you at an affordable rate.
Knowing what to look for when choosing your mover is important. Always be sure to choose a mover you feel truly cares for your items and moving needs.
Below are a few things to look for:
- Are they licensed and insured as a carrier moving company.
- They have a well informed website and literature about their services.
- Are their movers well trained in the art of relocation.
- Do they feel comfortable with full service moving.
We are a full service moving company based in Maryland offering all clients refined and professional moving services. Call us today at 844-909-7222 to get your moving quote started.
Great moves are done by great movers with big hearts! Our moving company is all heart…